Long (and very interesting) story short: Men like a woman with curves. So stop stressin'.
The reason: Curvy women make good babies. A woman naturally carries more DHA (a type of Omega-3) fatty acids in her hips and thighs. This type of fat is pivotal in healthy brain development for infants, who receive the essential nutrient from their mother's milk. Studies have even shown that children born to women who have a low waist-to-hip ratio (indicating a small waist and comparably wider hips) tend to perform better both academically and socially.
So somewhere deep in a man's brain, right around the same place that craves red meat and desires the opportunity to club things to death, is the basic evolutionary drive to find a mate most likely to produce healthy offspring.
In summary: Ladies, love your curves; your partner loves them and so do your offspring (real, imagined, or otherwise).
In honor of Psychology Today's article, I've compiled a list of 10 Curvy Love songs for you to enjoy:
My Top 10 Curvy Love Songs
1. Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls
2. Mika - Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
3. Sir Mix-a-Lot - Baby Got Back
4. Shakira - Hips Don't Lie
5. Saffire & The Uppity Blues Women - There's Lightning (In These Thunder Thighs)
6. Hairspray - Big, Blonde, and Beautiful
7. The Commodores - Brick House
8. Destiny's Child - Bootylicious
9. Black Eyed Peas - My Humps
10. Trace Adkins - Honky Tonk Badonkadonk