1. I dyed my hair back to its natural color. I am now officially one of those people who has those cliche Facebook (and apparently blog) updates about stuff no one really cares about. Oh, who am I kidding, I've been one of those people for quite a while.
2. I am going to be on Animal House on NPR, because in case you haven’t noticed, I like talking about my cats a lot. Dolce has this icky gunk on her toenails and I am hoping Dr. Weitzman can fix it. This would be a perfect example of one of those things that no one really cares about but apparently the whole world needs to hear about it anyway.
3. I saw that my local garden center was selling crape myrtles. I thought they had misspelled "crape". And then I had an inexplicable craving for super-thin pancakes. I blame Julia.
4. Someone on Pinterest made a Mexican pizza at home that actually looks like a real Mexican pizza from Taco Bell. I almost died from happiness when I saw it.
5. I have a boatload of CSA watermelon to eat this week, so I made these cocktails to help me use it up. Is watermelon the one that makes you have to go to the bathroom if you eat a lot of it? Excuse me for a moment while I go to the bathroom.
6. I recently started really freaking out about this whole career change thing. Sometimes it's just hard to keep the faith, you know? When I say I'm a writer, people ask what kind of writer, and I tell them non-fiction, mainly food. They always seem a little disappointed. People have told me I could write a novel, but I haven't the slightest idea on how to do that!
7. Speaking of novels, I read Gone Girl. That book is effed up. Just effed up. Books like this do not mesh well with my overactive imagination nor my fear of trusting people.