2. The eavesdropping. I admit it. I love listening in on others' conversations - it's like channel surfing through life. Hey you - 23-year-old hipster on a first date - if you don't want me listening in while you go on and on about how you'd gladly buy an album if none of the songs were about relationships because it's so cliche to write songs about relationships, then don't speak at a volume that rivals a lawn mower. Just kidding. I love you, 23-year-old hipster.
3. The geeks. The clientele at Mad City is much more…real. And friendly. Every time I go into a Starbucks, I feel like I'm being watched. Or on a job interview. Mad City is just chill.
4. The free WiFi. I think women are genetically predisposed to get really excited when things are free. It doesn't matter what it is, either. Oh my God, this energy drink tastes like the water at the bottom of the Caterpillar's hookah in Alice in Wonderland. Oh, it's free? I'll take a case.
5. Location, location, location. Walking distance to the hospital. So when I inevitably have one too many espressos and my heart pulls a Miley and starts twerking up against my rib cage, help is just a few steps away.
6. The staff. I like to think that everyone that works at Mad City is either a student of literature, music drama, or some other liberal art. They just have that vibe. Super down-to-earth, friendly, laid back - they're pretty much the antithesis of the "this-isn't-just-a-cup-of-coffee-this-is-a-work-of-art-you-incompetent-troglodyte" personalities of some of the baristas you run into at other establishments.
7. They're local. We should all support local businesses as much as possible. Unless they suck. And this place doesn't suck. So go. Bottom line.
Mad City Coffee
10801 Hickory Ridge Rd, Columbia
#HoCoFood #HoCoBlogs @@@HoCoFood