The one and only problem with setting goals: When you forget about them for a couple days and when you happen to remember them, you see that you are quite behind schedule.
This is what has happened to me. I set a goal to walk 100 miles in 100 days, and when I looked at my blog today, the ticker I set up to track my progress said, "Day 11, 6 miles done, 94 miles to go". Did you read that correctly?! In order to catch up, I need to walk at least two miles over the next three days (I don't know if I did that math correctly, and I don't really care, since my brain is too busy freaking out).
Have I mentioned yet that we will be going out of town this weekend? So tack on a couple more two-plus mile days to make up for that...
...
...
...
Part of me wants to delete the tracker and delete this post and delete any other evidence that I ever had this goal, and pray that the three of you that regularly read my blog will conveniently forget I ever had such a silly idea as walking 100 miles in 100 days.
Another part of me wants to extend my deadline - 100 miles in 200 days? 150 days?
You know what? Enough of this stressing out. I'm going to the gym. To walk.
I bet you can do it! You're doing great! Goals are supposed to be lofty! I bet you can do it. If you're visiting with friends - I'm sure they'd love to walk with you. If you're visiting a new place...what better way to see it than walking?
ReplyDeleteBest of luck and enjoy your time out of town.
I'm so envious of your persistence. Wondering: do you have some kind of magic recipe for persistence pie or something?! PS: You should go check out a blogger friend of mine - Adventures of a Rainbow Mamma (her link is on my Links page if you can't find her) - she's got an interesting post/debate about Montessori v. Waldorf, and has decided to go get certified in Montessori training...so I told her about your blog too. (-:
ReplyDeleteAgain. Puppy. Get one. =)
ReplyDelete